Not only is this smoothie bursting with rich, chocolatey flavor, but it also packs a serious punch of health benefits.
Let's start with the star ingredient: cacao. Rich in antioxidants, cacao can help improve heart health and reduce inflammation in the body. It's also a great source of iron and magnesium, two important minerals that many of us may not be getting enough of in our diets.
And then there's the avocado. This creamy fruit is full of healthy fats, which can help keep you feeling full and satisfied all morning long. Avocados also contain a host of vitamins and minerals, including potassium, vitamin E, and B-vitamins that can help support brain function and energy metabolism.
Combined with a handful of other nourishing ingredients like almond milk and banana, this cacao and avocado smoothie is a true powerhouse of nutrition. And with its deliciously rich and chocolatey flavor, it's a treat that you'll look forward to having every morning.
• ¼ ripe avocado
• 1 tablespoon raw cacao
• 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar or maple syrup (optional)
• 1 cup almond milk
• 2 tablespoons vanilla vegan protein
• 2 teaspoons Collagen Renew
• ½ cup of water or coconut water
• 1 banana (we prefer frozen)
• Small handful of baby spinach or a frozen cucumber or zucchini for extra fibre (optional)
• Pop all ingredients in the blender and blitz until smooth. Enjoy!