Ultimate . Acai Berry . Superfood . Bars! Can you tell how excited we are for this recipe?
These bars are jam-packed with supercharged ingredients that deliver powerful antioxidants and Vitamin C. It's the total package of skin, gut and immune nourishment. We love adding in the Ultimate Elixirs for that power punch of total body and skin benefits. So, the next time your sweet tooth strikes or you need a quick pick-me-up, give these bars a try and feel the benefits of wholesome, tasty nutrition.
Thanks, Amelia, for sharing this amazing recipe with us. C.H.E.W Nutrition & Wellness .
- 1 cup almond meal
- 5 medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup buckinis
- 4 heaped tbsp coconut oil
- 400ml coconut cream
- 1 cup cashew nuts (soaked over night)
- 1 tbsp granulated stevia powder
- 1 tbsp acaiberry powder
- 1tsp vanilla bean pods or substitute with vanilla extract
- 2 tsp gelatin (granulated) or agar-agar for vegan alternative
- 2 scoops OPTY.NC Ultimate 1.0 Complete Skin food elixir
- 2 tsp coconut oil
1. To prepare the base, combine almond meal, medjool dates, buckinis and coconut oil in a food processor and blend for until well combined.
2. Press mixture into the base of a lined baking dish and place in freezer to set whilst preparing the filling.
3. To prepare the acai filling, combine all filling ingredients (excluding the coconut oil) in a high-speed blender and blend until a perfectly smooth consistency is achieved.
4. Place mixture into a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat and stir constantly for 3-5 minutes or until the mixture is ‘bubbling’ (this is necessary to activate the gelatin/agar agar)
5. Remove saucepan from the heat and stir in the coconut oil until fully melted and
evenly dispersed throughout the mixture.
6. Remove base from freezer and pour acai berry filling over the base. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before sprinkling with toppings of your choice (I use my ‘Holy Granola’) and then place into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to set.
7. Once cool, remove your slice from the baking dish and slice into individual portions!
*Store in air tight container in the fridge- lasts up to 1 week and serves as an antioxidant packed, “real-food” treat for when those sugar cravings kick in!