The website and the services provided are not intended to be used by children.
- What is considered personal information?
“Personal information” means information or an opinion that is capable of reasonably identifying an individual, whether that information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- Types of personal information collected
The types of personal information we may collect from you includes (but is not limited to): your name, postal address, email address, telephone or mobile phone number(s), information such as credit or debit card information, your opinions on our products and details of, for example, your skin and/or gut health condition if you provide us with a review or testimonial.
- Manner of collection
We may collect personal information from you in variety of ways, including when you:
- sign-up for an account on our Website or when you manage/change your account information;
- place orders for and/or purchase our products;
- use our online tool to receive skincare recommendations;
- visit the website, Facebook page and other social media webpages that we manage and provide comments;
- provide feedback on our products or customer service by, for example, email, phone or via our website or social media pages;
- contact us by phone, email, post or via our website enquiry forms;
- apply for employment with us;
- subscribe to receive our newsletters or other promotional materials;
- sign-up to participate in surveys, competitions or other promotional activities.
Please note that our promotions, competitions and surveys are usually subject to their own terms and conditions, which may also address additional privacy matters.
We may also collect your personal information from third-parties. This may include (but is not limited to):
- law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- payment service providers;
- someone duly authorised to act on your behalf;
- market research service providers;
- your referees and/or previous employers, where you have applied for employment with us.
Your personal information will only be collected from third-parties if it unreasonable or impractical to collect that personal information from you directly. If and when we do collect personal information from third-parties, we will take reasonable steps in the circumstances to inform you of this collection and obtain your consent.
- Use of personal information
Optima Nutricosmetics may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including the following:
- registering, setting up and managing customer accounts;
- processing transactions and fulfilling orders for products;
- responding to your questions, comments and requests and to otherwise provide customer services;
- to administer promotions, surveys and competitions;
- carrying out market research and product analysis and development;
- marketing our products and services and providing you with information and updates, such as newsletters or offers of promotional events or opportunities (such as competitions or surveys) that you may be interested in;
- the prevention of fraud and/or identifying and investigating any suspicious use of our website;
- assessing and processing employment applications and conducting due diligence as part of pre-employment screening;
- for our internal business and management processes, for example, accounting or auditing purposes;
- for any other purpose to allow us to comply with our obligations under law;
- for any other purposes that would reasonably be expected by you.
We retain the data you provide to us for as long as you have your account with us and thereafter for such period as you may have questions or a claim in relation to our services, notwithstanding any superior retention period that we may be obliged to observe in accordance with legal requirements applicable to us.
In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any special requests.
After you have terminated your use of our services, we may store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format.
Optima Nutricosmetics may use third-parties to provide essential services on our website or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third-parties may include:
- third party service providers, dealers, agents and contractors who assist us in managing our business or operating our website, such as business support services, payment processors, webhosting service providers, cloud storage providers, mailing houses and delivery service providers. For example, our website is operated by Shopify. As a result, when you use our website, Shopify may collect your name, email address, shipping and billing address, payment details, phone number, IP address and device data. Shopify requires this information so that it can provide us with its website services;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct;
- our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of them) may be transferred;
- law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law;
- regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of resolving customer complaints or investigations.
While these third-parties are ordinarily Australian based, please be aware that Shopify is located in Canada and its affiliated companies are based in the USA (so your personal information will be transferred to those locations).
We will not sell, exchange or publish your personal information, except in conjunction with a corporate sale, merger, dissolution, or acquisition. For some sorts of transactions, in addition to our direct collection of information, our third party service vendors (such as credit card companies and banks) who may provide such services as credit, insurance, and escrow services may collect personal information directly from you to assist you with your transaction. We do not control how these third-parties use such information, but we do ask them to disclose how they use your personal information before they collect it.
We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting web site visitors who violate our rules or engage in behaviour, which is harmful to other visitors (or illegal). We may disclose your personal information to third-parties if we feel that the disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect someone’s health, safety or welfare, or to comply with a law or regulation, court order or another legal process.
As discussed in the section on cookies and other technologies, from time to time we may allow a third party to serve advertisements on this website.
Check the “Help” menu of your browser for more information on how to change your cookie preferences. You may disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you do disable cookies, we may be unable to optimise your visit to our website and you may experience some errors. Refer to your browser instructions or help screens to learn about these functions.
- Storage of personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to maintain the integrity and store securely your personal information to protect it from interference, misuse and loss and from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure.
When you enter information, such as credit card numbers, on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We never permanently store complete credit card details.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you can email us at email@example.com.
Keeping you and your personal information secure is very important to us. We take a number of reasonable steps to try to protect the personal information that you provide, including:
-using a Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) to encrypt the personal data that you send us during the order process (including any financial information such as credit or debit card details);
-requiring you to establish a password to access your account on our Website;
-not keeping details of your credit or debit card that would enable any third party to transact using that credit or debit card (such as your CCV number); and
-regularly monitoring our servers and IT systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Unfortunately, despite this, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to or through our website, and any such transmission is at your own risk. In particular, please keep in mind that if you voluntarily disclose personal information through other means of communication than the website in a non-protected environment (such as through email, SMS, online messages) then that information can be collected and used by others outside of our or your control.
- Newsletter subscribers
Optima Nutricosmetics sends by email newsletters to those who subscribe to the service. Our newsletters contain the latest product information, news and promotional offers. If you would like to unsubscribe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the unsubscribe link in any electronic newsletter we send to you.
- Access and correction of personal information
You are entitled to access and correct the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in the information corrected. However, in order to maintain the accuracy of your personal information, we rely on the quality of the personal information you provide to us.
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our products or services, you may correct, update or delete your personal information by logging into your account or you can deactivate your account by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you would like to access any of the personal information we hold about you, you may do so by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are some circumstances specified by law where we may refuse your request for access to your personal information. However, if one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for refusal, unless it would be unreasonable to provide that notice.
Once we receive your request for access, we will endeavour to respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made.
If you have any concerns or a complaint about a breach of your privacy or the way we have handled your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.
We will then investigate your complaint and endeavour to provide you with our response within a reasonable time. If, after receiving our response you still consider that your privacy complaint remains unresolved, you may then, for example, refer your concern to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Optima Nutricosmetics.
Please note that, at all times, you are responsible for updating your personal information to provide us your current email address. In the event that the last email address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any other reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our transmittal of the email containing such notice will nevertheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice.
- Contact details
Last Updated: September 2019